Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu
   

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Banned Vendors and Products

Hookah Discussion

Closed Thread Share
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #201  
Old February 15th, 2013, 03:13 PM
cmm5350's Avatar
cmm5350
Status: Offline
Hookah Aficionado
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Lehighton, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,925
Default Re: Banned Vendors and Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly View Post
Just drop it and get over it. This ended long before you or I ever joined. Keep it that way.
Amen!
  #202  
Old February 15th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Skate4Life's Avatar
Skate4Life
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 237
Default Re: Banned Vendors and Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly View Post
Just drop it and get over it. This ended long before you or I ever joined. Keep it that way.
I think the threads open for a reason. If it was closed then that means discussion over but there's more to be discussed.I feel like I look like the bad guy here because there's always a group of you who have to bandwagon one decision.
  #203  
Old February 15th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Hilly's Avatar
Hilly
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 3,122
Default Re: Banned Vendors and Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skate4Life View Post
I think the threads open for a reason. If it was closed then that means discussion over but there's more to be discussed.I feel like I look like the bad guy here because there's always a group of you who have to bandwagon one decision.
Because we stand by what the mods and admin have decided. You came here to start shit.
__________________
http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic32280_1.gif
  #204  
Old February 15th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Skate4Life's Avatar
Skate4Life
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 237
Default Re: Banned Vendors and Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly View Post
Because we stand by what the mods and admin have decided. You came here to start shit.
Come here to start shit? No I been here since last year lurking and after I skimmed through this sticky I thought I'd try to make a point. Discussing this topic in a heavily monitored thread by admins and mods isn't a way a spammer would want to start anything. I'm here to discuss new VALID points.
  #205  
Old February 15th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Hilly's Avatar
Hilly
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 3,122
Default Re: Banned Vendors and Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skate4Life View Post
Come here to start shit? No I been here since last year lurking and after I skimmed through this sticky I thought I'd try to make a point. Discussing this topic in a heavily monitored thread by admins and mods isn't a way a spammer would want to start anything. I'm here to discuss new VALID points.
They arent new just the same thing repeated over and over and over. And they arent valid.
__________________
http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic32280_1.gif
  #206  
Old February 15th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Skate4Life's Avatar
Skate4Life
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 237
Default Re: Banned Vendors and Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly View Post
They arent new just the same thing repeated over and over and over. And they arent valid.
What was one of them

Edit - whatever I'm over it lol. I am now in the acceptance .

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G_Z3lmidmrY

Last edited by Skate4Life; February 15th, 2013 at 04:15 PM.
  #207  
Old February 15th, 2013, 08:09 PM
540dude's Avatar
540dude
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 488
Default Re: Banned Vendors and Products

I agree with you skater. It is annoying and a bit childish, not our website though.
__________________
  #208  
Old February 15th, 2013, 08:20 PM
BiNiaRiS
Status: Offline
Vendor
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 155
Default Re: Banned Vendors and Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly View Post
They arent new just the same thing repeated over and over and over. And they arent valid.
And it's your choice to post in here. Why don't you just not post in here if you're not going to be constructive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 540dude View Post
I agree with you skater. It is annoying and a bit childish, not our website though.
So true.
  #209  
Old February 15th, 2013, 08:46 PM
HellSpawn's Avatar
HellSpawn
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 3,391
Default Re: Banned Vendors and Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiNiaRiS View Post
And you have the option of ignoring this thread as well. If you think it's a good idea to promote this kind of behavior, then that's fine.

I'd love to see Tangiers get banned from this forum. Granted, Eric would never do anything to get him banned, but if he did and no one was allowed to talk about Tangiers on here, imagine the shitstorm that would happen. Lots of you hate the "one who shall not be named" (jesus christ, we really have to do this harry potter shit?) but if Eric pulled the same shit would you immediately stop smoking his products and be in favor of never mentioning him again?

Almost everyone on here i've talked to has used or uses banned vendors products. Everyone walking around, using them and talking about them, but them coming here and having to be hush hush is so bass ackwards.
Are you being serious? Really? I'm not promoting any kind of behavior. In fact, if I recall correctly, even referencing the banned vendor as "the vendor who shall not be named" is still a violation of the rules. I said either follow the rules set forth by the owner, or leave. And I will say that to you as well, follow the rules, if you don't like it, leave, I'm sure no one will miss you.

The more I read your post, the more I think you're a troll, seriously. Are you really trying to insinuate that because a product is banned here, we aren't allowed to use them? Do you think about what you say before you say it? We aren't allowed to mention the product yes, but I seriously, SERIOUSLY doubt that Sambooka or ANY mod here is trying to keep us from buying the banned products. I own a banned product, in fact I just bought it a few months ago regardless of the fact that it's banned, I just don't discuss it here because it's against the rules. Is it any skin off of Sambooka's nose that I bought it? I highly doubt it.

Why is it so hard for people like you to just accept that this is a rule and you're expected to follow it to have the privilege, NOT a right, to be apart of this community. If you welcomed someone into your house and you asked them not to talk about taking a shit while eating at the dinner table, and they did anyway, wouldn't you be kind of pissed off? Well, why is this not the same thing? YOU don't own this website, and neither do I, we are but mere welcomed guests here that Sambooka allows inside. Sambooka has asked we not mention the banned vendor or his products while on his website that he owns and pays for, kind of like a house. Personally, I don't think he's asking for much, especially what we get in return for following the rules.

Believe it or not, not everyone has something against the banned vendor, I personally don't. Why? Because I've read both sides of the story, and I personally choose not to pick a side. In fact, before I even read both sides, I chose not to pick a side. If I choose to buy one of his products be it from another vendor or from him directly, it's all just business is all.

Shit happened and now this is where we are, oh well. If he has something I want, you better believe I'm going to buy it, even if I have to buy it from his site. So that little spout about not buying Tangiers because Eric for some reason becomes banned here is one of the most laughable points to an argument I've ever seen, even for internet arguments for God's sake.

There are other hookah forums, and even the banned vendor's forum has banned vendors and products. So once again, either do what has been asked of you by the owner of this site, or leave. Hookahpro is not the only hookah forum on the internet, you have other options.
  #210  
Old February 15th, 2013, 09:30 PM
Hilly's Avatar
Hilly
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 3,122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSpawn View Post

Are you being serious? Really? I'm not promoting any kind of behavior. In fact, if I recall correctly, even referencing the banned vendor as "the vendor who shall not be named" is still a violation of the rules. I said either follow the rules set forth by the owner, or leave. And I will say that to you as well, follow the rules, if you don't like it, leave, I'm sure no one will miss you.

The more I read your post, the more I think you're a troll, seriously. Are you really trying to insinuate that because a product is banned here, we aren't allowed to use them? Do you think about what you say before you say it? We aren't allowed to mention the product yes, but I seriously, SERIOUSLY doubt that Sambooka or ANY mod here is trying to keep us from buying the banned products. I own a banned product, in fact I just bought it a few months ago regardless of the fact that it's banned, I just don't discuss it here because it's against the rules. Is it any skin off of Sambooka's nose that I bought it? I highly doubt it.

Why is it so hard for people like you to just accept that this is a rule and you're expected to follow it to have the privilege, NOT a right, to be apart of this community. If you welcomed someone into your house and you asked them not to talk about taking a shit while eating at the dinner table, and they did anyway, wouldn't you be kind of pissed off? Well, why is this not the same thing? YOU don't own this website, and neither do I, we are but mere welcomed guests here that Sambooka allows inside. Sambooka has asked we not mention the banned vendor or his products while on his website that he owns and pays for, kind of like a house. Personally, I don't think he's asking for much, especially what we get in return for following the rules.

Believe it or not, not everyone has something against the banned vendor, I personally don't. Why? Because I've read both sides of the story, and I personally choose not to pick a side. In fact, before I even read both sides, I chose not to pick a side. If I choose to buy one of his products be it from another vendor or from him directly, it's all just business is all.

Shit happened and now this is where we are, oh well. If he has something I want, you better believe I'm going to buy it, even if I have to buy it from his site. So that little spout about not buying Tangiers because Eric for some reason becomes banned here is one of the most laughable points to an argument I've ever seen, even for internet arguments for God's sake.

There are other hookah forums, and even the banned vendor's forum has banned vendors and products. So once again, either do what has been asked of you by the owner of this site, or leave. Hookahpro is not the only hookah forum on the internet, you have other options.
Like social smoke for them. Hahahaha
__________________
http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic32280_1.gif
  #211  
Old February 16th, 2013, 10:34 AM
BigE's Avatar
BigE
Status: Offline
Hookah Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,358
Send a message via Skype™ to BigE
Default Re: Banned Vendors and Products

I do believe everyone has a right to their opinion about this. On the other hand I believe everyone who has read this, knows who the spoken banned vendor is, so every time this thread is responded too, he wins!! Maybe this thread should be locked and then unlocked for the next banned vendor and products.
__________________
  #212  
Old February 17th, 2013, 08:16 PM
chrisbru's Avatar
chrisbru
Status: Offline
Hookah Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,999
Default Re: Banned Vendors and Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiNiaRiS View Post
Almost everyone on here i've talked to has used or uses banned vendors products. Everyone walking around, using them and talking about them, but them coming here and having to be hush hush is so bass ackwards.
Not everyone. I've never purchased any of the products or ordered from the site. And I choose to do that because I like to support those who support this forum, because I appreciate this forum and what it does for me and for other hookah enthusiasts. I also choose to follow the rules of this forum for the same reason.

Sometimes my friends get pissed at people or hold grudges that I either don't agree with or don't know the whole story for. However, I still refrain from discussing the topic if they ask me to, because I'm sure there is a valid reason for it that I don't need to understand to respect their wishes.
__________________
  #213  
Old February 17th, 2013, 09:28 PM
whfsboy's Avatar
whfsboy
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: I live in PA but am from MD, USA
Posts: 669
Default Re: Banned Vendors and Products

Last month I was worried about this policy, because I felt it was a little to vague in regards to what could and couldn't be said. Now I'm totally cool with it, and understand what does and doesn't fly here. If you don't agree with the policy the door is open and you are most welcome to leave, if you are worried about what you can and can not post here, just cruise the forums for a little bit, chat with some people, and it all becomes quite clear pretty quick. Relax and enjoy life.
__________________
30" KM Amer > Tonic Glow Hose > Egy Bowl
Mya Bambino ▶Mya Hose ▶Egy Bowl

I am Wolfy, He who let the dogs out
  #214  
Old February 18th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Alby's Avatar
Alby
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bennington, NE
Posts: 3,742
Default Re: Banned Vendors and Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by whfsboy View Post
Last month I was worried about this policy, because I felt it was a little to vague in regards to what could and couldn't be said. Now I'm totally cool with it, and understand what does and doesn't fly here. If you don't agree with the policy the door is open and you are most welcome to leave, if you are worried about what you can and can not post here, just cruise the forums for a little bit, chat with some people, and it all becomes quite clear pretty quick. Relax and enjoy life.
This this this.
It's not that big of a deal. I have my ex's roommates over at my place and they respect the fact that even though it's been damn near a year, I don't want to hear that name even spoken lest I become livid and am put in a bad mood all night. same applies here, thus is'booka's crib. Respect.
Anybody else want to get their rebuttal to this argument out, it better be logical and valid.
__________________
  #215  
Old February 18th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Dunkel's Avatar
Dunkel
Status: Offline
Bad Motherf^&*er!

 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: West by God Virginia
Posts: 10,709
Default Re: Banned Vendors and Products

Too many people feeling butt hurt and whining. Locking this down.
__________________
Tangiers =
Closed Thread Share
Share with your friends on facebook

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do we want more traditional products? (Vendors, Are you paying attention?) Coyotero Hookah Discussion 91 March 30th, 2012 05:05 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:45 AM.

Skin Design By vBSkinworks



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 - 2012, Hookah Pro Inc.