Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Other Stuff - Not Specifically Hookah Related > Cigars & Pipes Discussion

Cigars & Pipes Discussion A place to discuss cigars, pipes and pipe tobacco ...

Smoking during a dental implant?

Cigars & Pipes Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 15th, 2017, 04:33 AM
tommytom
Hookah Newbie

Default Smoking during a dental implant?

Hi folks!
I am new here! I would like to know some information regarding smoking after a dental implant.
I have been smoking for the past 3 years and I just love it! Taking a puff in the early morning can make me fresh! A puff during tension times can make me relaxed! And the cigar is my best companion ever!!!
Now I am going to have a dental implant from a clinic in Edmonton to replace my missing tooth (which I lost 4 months ago in an accident). But the doctor said me to quit smoking. He said that Nicotine in smoke reduces blood flow to the soft tissues, that can affect the immune response and slow the processes of healing.
I can't ever stop it. It's just like leaving my best friend forever! But he said that I shouldn't smoke 1 week before and two weeks after the procedure if I want to do the implant! I am confused! I have never thought of quitting smoking. What should I do now? Can you please suggest any alternatives?
Old February 15th, 2017, 05:02 AM
mattyuk
Hookah Aficionado

Default Re: Smoking during a dental implant?

Listen to your doctor/dentist, they are better equipped to give medical advice than a group of random strangers on a Hookah website.

Vaping may be an alternative, but again get professional advice.
Old May 18th, 2017, 12:01 PM
freedomnow2015
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Smoking during a dental implant?

Not a good idea but I wonder if smoking hookah long-term will affect the already installed dental implants? I do not think so
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook