Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Haze Shisha

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 9th, 2015, 07:57 PM
mckrae
Hookah Newbie

Default Haze Shisha

Hey Guys, Just looking for some opinions on Haze shisha. Any flavours you've tried. I'm looking to place an order for some but am unsure as to what flavours to buy. Thanks in advance!
Old November 9th, 2015, 08:31 PM
carnalnclynatns
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to carnalnclynatns
Default Re: Haze Shisha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckrae View Post
Hey Guys, Just looking for some opinions on Haze shisha. Any flavours you've tried. I'm looking to place an order for some but am unsure as to what flavours to buy. Thanks in advance!
^^^^
Im not a big fan of Haze. I paint it with the same brush as Star Buzz. Below are two pages of HP member reviews that you may find useful however.

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46597

Friggin Eric Hofmann
Old November 10th, 2015, 09:21 AM
Zaorish
Hookah Enthusiast

Never smoked enough of it to form a full opinion.
Old November 10th, 2015, 05:56 PM
mckrae
Hookah Newbie

thank you!
Old November 10th, 2015, 06:00 PM
One Small Voice
Sambooka Jr.

I'm with Carnal on that one. Check out the reviews, and also the video section.
Old November 10th, 2015, 09:27 PM
hamradiohookah
Hookah Pro

I'm going to concur with OSV and Carn on this and tell you the read the reviews/watch the vids, but I also will give you my opinion.

My thing with Haze is that I found that all but one flavor that I smoked had soapy notes to it. What does "soapy notes" mean? Way too much glycerine added to the tobacco. Anything you smoke shouldn't be dripping wet. If done properly, shisha should be more along the lines of sticky rather than wet. There was one flavor that didn't have that note (Mint Fiesta I think it was) but it was too complicated for what it was.

Overall, I would avoid Haze.
Old November 14th, 2015, 01:01 PM
Von Rottes
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to Von Rottes

I like it better than Starbuzz... But it's not very consistent.
Two cans from the same case don't smtaste the same...

Sometimes they 're spot on others are just....blah.

Cucumbarita, 5 cents a cup, kazouza, carnival nights and hardcore are OK.

I still prefer nak.
Old November 15th, 2015, 06:15 AM
CurryMan5000
Hookah Newbie

Haven't tried enough flavours to really judge the brand, but i picked up some "OMG" berry and "Quack Quack" last time, quite enjoyed the Quack Quack try a fluffy over pack, definitely not a bad brand but i guess for the price you could get better alternatives.
Old November 15th, 2015, 07:52 PM
JanosOrosz
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Yahoo to JanosOrosz

If you find the 250g's on sale for around 13 a tin it's a nice buy! I picked up a case of mixed tins and I am very happy using it to mix with Hookafina. Hookafina is just too fine cut and likes to clump leaving unburned blocks of shisha often. But when you mix the two together you get a longer lasting, better burning shisha every-time.

I also picked up a case of Hookafina various 250g tins to do this with. I tried my Hookafina's alone but again, uneven cooking/burning and taste would be muted. Haze seemed to add to this brand and make it batter. Alone, Haze offers a taste I enjoy OMG, Quack Quack, Cherry, Coconut, Trash Can Punch, Candyliouces? (whatever spelling you get it) and many more all taste fine and smoke pretty good but you need to fluff it each pouch by dumping it in plastic container, fork fluff and desperate.

Once it's all mixed up and "fluffed" you are ready to simply drop it into a big bowl but don't pack it down! Any packing seems to screw it all up for even smoking and long lasting taste profile. But once mixed with Hookafina (I find) it will leave you with "smoking enjoyment that goes on and on..."
Old November 15th, 2015, 08:00 PM
carnalnclynatns
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanosOrosz View Post
If you find the 250g's on sale for around 13 a tin it's a nice buy! I picked up a case of mixed tins and I am very happy using it to mix with Hookafina. Hookafina is just too fine cut and likes to clump leaving unburned blocks of shisha often. But when you mix the two together you get a longer lasting, better burning shisha every-time.

I also picked up a case of Hookafina various 250g tins to do this with. I tried my Hookafina's alone but again, uneven cooking/burning and taste would be muted. Haze seemed to add to this brand and make it batter. Alone, Haze offers a taste I enjoy OMG, Quack Quack, Cherry, Coconut, Trash Can Punch, Candyliouces? (whatever spelling you get it) and many more all taste fine and smoke pretty good but you need to fluff it each pouch by dumping it in plastic container, fork fluff and desperate.

Once it's all mixed up and "fluffed" you are ready to simply drop it into a big bowl but don't pack it down! Any packing seems to screw it all up for even smoking and long lasting taste profile. But once mixed with Hookafina (I find) it will leave you with "smoking enjoyment that goes on and on..."
^^^^
Yikes. To me adding Haze to Hookafina is like diluting Laphroaig with Cutty sark. But to each their own!

Friggin Eric Hofmann
Old November 15th, 2015, 09:54 PM
JanosOrosz
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Yahoo to JanosOrosz

Quote:
when you mix the two together you get a longer lasting, better burning shisha every-time.
when you mix the two together you get a longer lasting, better burning shisha every-time.
Old November 19th, 2015, 01:39 PM
Brasschef
Hookah Newbie

I'll personally vouch for sub zero, though its definitely a mixed bag for quality at least between flavors. As far as smoke quality i certainly have no complaints, but have only tried a bit of haze to judge that with
Old November 19th, 2015, 01:58 PM
SaharaJonas
Hookah Newbie

They have some really solid flavors. In particular, what-a-mint, chaitastic, and carnival nights are worth picking up.
Old November 19th, 2015, 03:00 PM
carnalnclynatns
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaharaJonas View Post
They have some really solid flavors. In particular, what-a-mint, chaitastic, and carnival nights are worth picking up.
Ooof, to each their own. Im not a fan. I cant think of a standout flavor. Anything they do decently, someone else does better ( imo).

What-a-mint is outshined by a pretty deep field. ( Pure FML, Social Smoke Absolute Zero, Tangiers Cane Mint, Nakhla Mizo mint, othmani marakesch mint.....)

Chaitastic i thought was putrid. Fumari spiced chai is a better tea flavor and incidentally a better cardamom flavor than carnival knights.

Of course, as in most things subjecive, your mileage may vary.

Friggin Eric Hofmann
Old November 19th, 2015, 05:33 PM
Iggypu
Hookah Nut

I've only tried Guava (weird undertone), OMG (berry with way too much glycerine), and Orange Swirl (okay orange cream).
Old November 30th, 2015, 03:52 AM
RegalRoad
Hookah Newbie

I've smoked HAZE on and off for the past year and have had great times with it as well as awful times. I will agree that some of them definitely have a ton of glycerin content in them, which holds true for all 4 kilos I've bought of HAZE. The flavor I stuck to the most was a Cucumberita/Carnival Nights mix which is strange yet oddly satisfying.

Other than that I've tried Orange Swirl, Double Bubble, Bananarama, What-a-Mint, Kazouza, Subzero, Summertime, and several others whose names don't come to mind.

I stay away from Bananarama for the most part as well as subzero. All other flavors I've never had an issue with. Bananarama is a tricky flavor. I've had a couple of different hookahs that didn't take it well and it ended up being harsh matter what changes I made to my setup or water level.

Subzero tastes very fragrance-like and I'd honestly tell you that if you like it enough, dedicate Subzero to its own hookah. I smoked it once out of my Starbuzz and it took weeks before I could get the flavor out. It's more or less HAZE's answer to Green Savior.

Other than those flavors my experiences were pretty positive excluding the overabundance of glycerin in the bottom of the containers.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook