Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Name that Hookah

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 20th, 2012, 05:53 AM
Slizzard Lizard
Hookah Nut

Default Name that Hookah

I thought this could be a cool thread. Newbies like myself (or professionals for fun) could take photos of our hookahs and members could name the style. This will not only help the newbies learn the different styles of hookahs but also figure out what kind they have. I tried searching for a thread like this and didn't see one so I hope I have posted it in the right area.

I will kick this off with a picture of the hookah I just purchased the other day for $30.
Attached Thumbnails
2012-10-20 11.35.32-2.jpg   2012-10-20 11.48.01.jpg  
Old October 20th, 2012, 07:10 AM
MeLikesHookah
Hookah Enthusiast

Default Re: Name that Hookah

generic chinese, not worth $30

Mya Bambino - Generic turkish Al Fakher Soft Black & Mint - Nakhla - Coconara coals
Old October 20th, 2012, 07:11 AM
hippieboy940
Hookah Aficionado

I name it bob.
Old October 20th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Slizzard Lizard
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippieboy940 View Post
I name it bob.
Bob sounds good to me...i like it.
Old October 20th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Slizzard Lizard
Hookah Nut

Anybody else wanna show their hookah? I Will post another...
Attached Thumbnails
20121020_133101.jpg  

Last edited by Slizzard Lizard; October 20th, 2012 at 07:33 AM.
Old October 20th, 2012, 07:33 AM
MeLikesHookah
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slizzard Lizard View Post
Maybey not worth $30 bucks to you....but i think it looks awesome.
Than we have a different thought of the word 'awesome' so it seems.

Mya Bambino - Generic turkish Al Fakher Soft Black & Mint - Nakhla - Coconara coals
Old October 20th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Slizzard Lizard
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLikesHookah View Post
Than we have a different thought of the word 'awesome' so it seems.
True...
Old October 20th, 2012, 12:23 PM
michaelsteele
Hookah Guru

This is the hookah that IMCarnochan sleeps with when his wife is out of town..... It's a secret! Shhhh!
Old October 20th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Melvin
Hookah Master

My first was what is refered to as a cheap Chinese pos hookah. I attribute many good 'learning' sessions to that rig. Nightmare clay talked me into posting a pic of it on a similar type thread a long time ago. I was so relieved that the guys told me 'nice rig ' and made me feel like a real part of the site. They also told me to be proud of what I have no matter what. I never forgot how good I felt about my pos rig. I want to echo those thoughts to any noob here. I have since moved on to other rigs but still have fond memories of that time.
cheers~
Old October 20th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Hilly
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin View Post
My first was what is refered to as a cheap Chinese pos hookah. I attribute many good 'learning' sessions to that rig. Nightmare clay talked me into posting a pic of it on a similar type thread a long time ago. I was so relieved that the guys told me 'nice rig ' and made me feel like a real part of the site. They also told me to be proud of what I have no matter what. I never forgot how good I felt about my pos rig. I want to echo those thoughts to any noob here. I have since moved on to other rigs but still have fond memories of that time.
cheers~
+1 be proud of whatever you have. Even if some of the members wouldn't touch them. We all need a starting point. Most of us have had Chinese hookahs. I still have mine. I never use it but I look at it from time to time and think back at all the good times I've had with it. Including sharing great sessions with my best friend who passed away over the summer.

Sent from your bedroom using Forum Runner
Old October 20th, 2012, 01:27 PM
smithers
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via Skype™ to smithers

I agree with hilliard and melvin, as long as you're proud of it and think its cool then it is. Let other people say what they want.
Old October 20th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Moe's Hooka Bar
Hookah Enthusiast

I agree. Newbies mostly, not all, start with chineese rigs, me included. So, best just say it's nice and if they are on the site through their infancy they should learn their are better rigs out be had e.g. KMs, SSs etc... My first piano was a shit load of crap but I loved it..now I have a beautiful petrov and always wish I had a grand piano... I had a shit car then I got a honda NSX, I had a honda 50 and now I have a Suzuki M800... you see what I mean... I want a KM and a crown but I am enjoying my progress slowly but surely getting there....I remember a hp er put a list of their incoming order..It was a list f the best rig, coals, tobacco and bowls..that was an exception but he prbably wuld have enjoyed getting there in a longer period.. So, chineese rigs have there place..at the start... enjoy..
Old October 20th, 2012, 02:27 PM
redwing91007
Hookah Master

I started with a rusty Chinese pumpkin. I was so happy to own my own when I first got it. It's what got me and my friends into it. Obviously I've upgraded, 2 KMs and an Al Nawras in the arsenal now but I keep the ol pumpkin around for fun.

Regal Melech -> Nogoom Hose -> Nakhla, Tangiers -> Sukka Swells Phunells -> CocoNara
Old October 20th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Slizzard Lizard
Hookah Nut

I want to give thanks to melvin, moe, hilliard, and smithers for your positive words. I know my hookah isnt the best (i only paid $30) but it is mine and I like the way it looks. I had my first smoke session on it this evening (AF Grape) and it was great. This is my first time ever joining or posting to a forum, and the positive words really make a difference. I will have to keep an eye out for a good quality hookah here and see the difference...
Old October 20th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Hilly
Hookah Master

Quote:
I want to give thanks to melvin, moe, hilliard, and smithers for your positive words. I know my hookah isnt the best (i only paid $30) but it is mine and I like the way it looks. I had my first smoke session on it this evening (AF Grape) and it was great. This is my first time ever joining or posting to a forum, and the positive words really make a difference. I will have to keep an eye out for a good quality hookah here and see the difference...
Just take care of it and clean it after every use and it will last. Eventually it will rust but just deal with it when the time comes.

Old October 20th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Melvin
Hookah Master

Quote:
I want to give thanks to Melvin, Moe, Hilliard, and smithers for your positive words. I know my hookah isnt the best (i only paid $30) but it is mine and I like the way it looks. I had my first smoke session on it this evening (AF Grape) and it was great. This is my first time ever joining or posting to a forum, and the positive words really make a difference. I will have to keep an eye out for a good quality hookah here and see the difference...
Oh yes, your hookah is best because it' Yours! and this is YOUR experience. I admire you now because I can remember my first session and how blown away I was because it was new, flavorful, and so exciting. I really do like the looks of your rig, it has that oxidized look that is so popular right now. Try different types of shisha and find out what really rocks your world tobacco wise. I recommend a good black leaf, maybe you could get some AF soft black from medwakh.com or some Desi Murli from hookah1.com. Just dont be afraid to try it all that way you will see what your niche is. Also, there are quick light coals and natural coals. Natural coals make a big difference in the quality of your session. We all can and are learning lots of helpful tips here.Good luck to you and I have a lot of respect for you and your awesome rig!

Last edited by Melvin; October 20th, 2012 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Jdndaddy has forgotten how to exhale
Old October 20th, 2012, 04:54 PM
smithers
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via Skype™ to smithers

Your gonna learn now your on this sight you probably won't go through as much noon stuff like I'm sure most of us did since you're on this forum!
Old October 21st, 2012, 03:37 AM
Slizzard Lizard
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilliard View Post
Just take care of it and clean it after every use and it will last. Eventually it will rust but just deal with it when the time comes.

Im taking really good care of it. Its my baby right now...lol
Old October 21st, 2012, 03:43 AM
Slizzard Lizard
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Oh yes, your hookah is best because it' Yours! and this is YOUR experience. I admire you now because I can remember my first session and how blown away I was because it was new, flavorful, and so exciting. I really do like the looks of your rig, it has that oxidized look that is so popular right now. Try different types of shisha and find out what really rocks your world tobacco wise. I recommend a good black leaf, maybe you could get some AF soft black from medwakh.com or some Desi Murli from hookah1.com. Just dont be afraid to try it all that way you will see what your niche is. Also, there are quick light coals and natural coals. Natural coals make a big difference in the quality of your session. We all can and are learning lots of helpful tips here.Good luck to you and I have a lot of respect for you and your awesome rig!
Thanks again Melvin. I really like the oxidized look because its different then all the others ive seen around. I am looking forward to trying many new things in the hookah world. The only problem is i am currently living in Africa and my location wont get mail But hey...i keep my head up and know the next time I leave the country I will bring back a goodie bag full of shisha fun
Old October 21st, 2012, 03:48 AM
Slizzard Lizard
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithers View Post
Your gonna learn now your on this sight you probably won't go through as much noon stuff like I'm sure most of us did since you're on this forum!
Sounds good to me...
Old October 21st, 2012, 04:07 AM
Zyst
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Zyst Send a message via Skype™ to Zyst

Welcome to the forums mate! I like the rig, it's a chinese emulating an egy style, waaaay better than my first rig haha.

If you ever need any info on how to handle international shipping feel free to contact me! Also Phoebus, I taught him how to do that so he could help you too!

Anyway, enjoy your stay and stick around, you'll learn a lot here!

PS: Which tobaccos do you get where you live?
Old October 21st, 2012, 04:49 AM
Slizzard Lizard
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyst View Post
Welcome to the forums mate! I like the rig, it's a chinese emulating an egy style, waaaay better than my first rig haha.

If you ever need any info on how to handle international shipping feel free to contact me! Also Phoebus, I taught him how to do that so he could help you too!

Anyway, enjoy your stay and stick around, you'll learn a lot here!

PS: Which tobaccos do you get where you live?
Thanks. I am able to get my hands on Al Fakher and El Nakhla so far. Any suggestions from those two brands? I had some sweet red melon by Fantasia (I think) at a friends house last time I was in the U.S. and it was awesome. I am going to start looking farther from my residence and maybe there is a market that will have a wider selection. Where I am located at the moment no one gets mail so I am kind of stuck right now in that regard. Thanks for the help though...I am finding many kind people on this forum and never thought i was going to get so much help. This is great!
Old October 21st, 2012, 04:53 AM
Slizzard Lizard
Hookah Nut

Quote:
What is this black leaf tobacco? Is it like a natural tasting tobacco or does it have a certain flavor profile? As stated on one of my post I dont have a wide selection in my area but I do find AF and El Nakhla so I will keep an eye out for soft black.
Old October 21st, 2012, 04:58 AM
TheMasterMatt
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
cheers~
Couldn't have said it better myself. Always be proud of what you have.

Sent from the underground railroad using Forum Runner
Old October 21st, 2012, 05:01 AM
TheMasterMatt
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:

Sounds good to me...
The amount of knowledge you will gain from this site from just browsing around will absolutely blow your mind. Welcome to the forums if you have any questions just let any of us know and we will be glad to help

Sent from the underground railroad using Forum Runner
Share with your friends on facebook