Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Trying to convince my father to let me smoke Tobacco free shish at home!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 5th, 2011, 09:58 PM
Hannie
Hookah Newbie

Exclamation Trying to convince my father to let me smoke Tobacco free shish at home!

ohkay so! i want to buy a hooka and smoke TOBACCO FREE shisha at home, and i want some positive things to tell me father so i can convince him! so can you guys give me a pros and cons kinda this so i can show my dad? it would be amazingly helpful!
Old December 5th, 2011, 11:24 PM
Slamma009
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: Trying to convince my father to let me smoke Tobacco free shish at home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannie View Post
ohkay so! i want to buy a hooka and smoke TOBACCO FREE shisha at home, and i want some positive things to tell me father so i can convince him! so can you guys give me a pros and cons kinda this so i can show my dad? it would be amazingly helpful!
Well the obvious positive is that there is no nicotine in tobacoless shisha. Other then that I don`t know enough about it to say any more.
Old December 5th, 2011, 11:33 PM
ovation4what
Hookah Aficionado

Default Re: Trying to convince my father to let me smoke Tobacco free shish at home

i wouldnt let my kid smoke tobaccoless shisha either

but in all seriousness i guess the aurgument is that there is no tobacco smell and no nicotien…however there is no proff that the garbage they put in herbal shisha is any better or worse for you than just regular tobacco…if ur that die hard tho. check out shiaza(dont know if the spelling is right) steam stones. there soposed to be not as bad
Old December 6th, 2011, 12:13 AM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovation4what View Post
check out shiaza(dont know if the spelling is right) steam stones. there soposed to be not as bad
Based on what, exactly?

This is the kind of lazy thinking that the people hawking such gimmicks rely on. There's no proof anywhere that smoking rocks soaked in gods-know-what is any more or less "bad" than anything else out there.

Darth Coyote, Executor of EGOB and the Black Leaf Brotherhood.
Old December 6th, 2011, 12:14 AM
Nightmareclay
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotero View Post
Based on what, exactly?

This is the kind of lazy thinking that the people hawking such gimmicks rely on. There's no proof anywhere that smoking rocks soaked in gods-know-what is any more or less "bad" than anything else out there.
Quote for truth. I'm also pretty sure they are soaked in straight up glycerin and flavorings. Yum yum....

Check out my gaming channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/NMCgamingchannel for funny Let's Play and much more!
Old December 6th, 2011, 12:32 AM
ovation4what
Hookah Aficionado

dont get me wrong, im not defending them or ever plan on buying them

just a couple members said that they wernt terrible and if you are stuck on no tobbacco that they were better than other herbals they had tried

and by not as bad i did not mean health i ment on flavor. and it was not as bad. not once did i say they were good
Old December 6th, 2011, 06:42 AM
carto0n
Hookah Enthusiast

How old are you?
Old December 6th, 2011, 10:47 AM
coquinn
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by carto0n View Post
How old are you?
^^^^^

18 or older.....or no smoke regardless of if it's tobacco free or not. Them's the rules.
Old December 6th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Dan
Hookah Guru

Send a message via MSN to Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Dan

Yeah, if you aren't 18, I can't blame any father for not letting their kids smoke anything, regardless of tobacco free or not. (and you shouldn't be on this site due to its rules).

As for trying to convince your dad..... no smoke is 100% safe smoke. Even using Shiazo stones, you get plenty of by product from coals, unless you use electric coals. You are looking at more hassle than it's worth trying to convince your dad, at least in my opinion.
Old December 6th, 2011, 12:32 PM
coquinn
Hookah Pro

I personally say, respect your fathers wishes, if you want to smoke, do it else where (assuming your of age). Trust me, the support of your father is MUCH more important than smoking a hookah
Old December 6th, 2011, 12:53 PM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

Like others have said, herbal smokes aren't proven to be safe. I'll disagree with a couple people and say Shiazo stones would be your best bet, if you like the taste of those silly things. It's just glycerin and flavoring to my knowledge, which is in most American hookah tobacco.

Keep in mind that washed tobacco has an extremely low amount of nicotine too. That would be best imo, if you can convince your dad of it. Seriously the nicotine is very very minimal.
Old December 6th, 2011, 01:44 PM
samellis
Hookah Newbie

Honestly, tobacco free shisha is disgusting and not any better for you than tobacco shisha, probably worse.

If you love smoking, but want your parents to be okay with it, maybe a Halooka is your thing? I recently found them, and it's an electronic hookah that uses water vapor and vegetable glycerin instead of shisha. It's interesting, look it up maybe?

But anyways, good luck, it's hard convincing parents, but smoking is bad, so they just want what's best for you.

Good luck!
Old December 6th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Mark8n
Hookah Nut

Im 19 and my mom hated my hookah she always said it was for nht type items even through multiple lectures by me. My dad ok the other hand will smoke with me from time to time

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner
Old December 6th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by samellis View Post
it's an electronic hookah that uses water vapor and vegetable glycerin
What, you mean like regular moassel?

Darth Coyote, Executor of EGOB and the Black Leaf Brotherhood.
Old December 6th, 2011, 02:24 PM
coquinn
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark8n View Post
Im 19 and my mom hated my hookah she always said it was for nht type items even through multiple lectures by me. My dad ok the other hand will smoke with me from time to time

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner
If he smokes with you then what are we trying to talk him into again?
Old December 6th, 2011, 03:47 PM
lostwithinhooka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coquinn View Post
If he smokes with you then what are we trying to talk him into again?
he's not the OP...
Old December 6th, 2011, 03:51 PM
coquinn
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostwithinhooka View Post
he's not the OP...
Oh, hahaha, good point.
Old December 6th, 2011, 04:01 PM
cyber wolf
Hookah Guru

Pros to smoking tobacco free "shisha"?
there are none. period. the only pro is that you get to taste an artificial fruit flavor.

Not trying to sound like a snob here, I have had my fair share of Hydro Herbal, but it isn't good for you, in any way... at all. (as far as I know)

Honestly I will go out on a wild limb here, and say that Tobacco is probably less likely to effect you in a negative way, and you get enjoyment out of your hookah, true enjoyment

Wait til your eighteen (assuming that your not, considering the wording of your post and the fact that your trying to convince your dad to let you smoke "tobacco free shisha") and then, if your still interested in Hookah, get something worth smoking and try to enjoy yourself.

but in my honest opinion, there is no point in tobacco-less moassels. The taste of tobacco is one of the things that makes the hookah enjoyable. If I want pure flavor then I'll just eat it instead of smoking it

Last edited by cyber wolf; December 6th, 2011 at 04:05 PM.
Old December 6th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Everythingevil
Hookah Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to Everythingevil

I've never had any luck with tobacco free shisha personally... Soex is decent as far as flavor goes but it lacks something as far as being a satisfying smoke.

18" Social Smoke Junior, 25" Social Smoke Czar, 32" KM Trimetal, 34" KM World Cup.
Tangiers Horchata, DM Khus, AF Soft Black, Nak Zag/Kahn, Nak DA, Jurak.
Old December 6th, 2011, 09:23 PM
goldzero10
Hookah Nut

Throw a temper tantrum, I hear thats how kids get things these days.

Of use logic like the smoke doesnt linger, Its tobacco free, ummm it smells good?
Yeah im running out of things to make an argument. If anything use logic and a world class hissy fit
It tasted like soap the whole time. He literally ran to the sink, put some soap in a bowl, added the shisha and mixed it all around. Then he rinsed it but not so well from what i tasted. He swore it was the best sesh ever. Never will i wash mine
Old December 6th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Subb_y
Hookah Nut

Just try to make stuff up and then when you're talking mimic the British accent it will make you sound smart. Look at this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7E-aoXLZGY There are many accents in Britain but this one sounds smart.
Old December 6th, 2011, 11:58 PM
carto0n
Hookah Enthusiast

If you live in their house, obey their wishes.
Old December 7th, 2011, 12:02 AM
SunDevilHookah
Hookah Newbie

whatever Pops says, goes.
Old December 7th, 2011, 11:28 AM
coquinn
Hookah Pro

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say Hannie is underage, because there has been no response since the question of age was brought up....Prove me wrong.
Old December 7th, 2011, 11:49 AM
DrkAvenger
Hookah Nut

Id say u nailed it on the head coquinn
Share with your friends on facebook