Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Frustrated, angry and agitated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 16th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Adeelzq
Hookah Newbie

Default Frustrated, angry and agitated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let fellow HP'ers i am venting a little here on the forums...

I ran out of shisha last night so i planned on taking a trip to "Texas Hookah" were i buy all my shisha and hookah stuff.

Well i got there at 5:30pm and it was CLOSED. ON A FREAKING MONDAY.....there store hours are till 8:00pm ,,, i couldnt make it earlier bc of work..

This is unacceptable to close doors during business hours. I definitely will not be buying from them anymore bc of this.

Any one else had this issue before w/them!!!!
Old August 16th, 2010, 10:18 PM
6LeafClover
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Frustrated, angry and agitated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow that does kinda suck man, but I probably would call to make sure someone was gonna be there. Did you them an email or anything yet?

Hopefully it wasnt a long drive
Old August 16th, 2010, 11:26 PM
uglybiker
Quantum Bubblenautics,PhD

They've got lives too and sometimes life gets in the way of work. Maybe they had an emergency. A quick phone call or email should clear things up.

Old August 16th, 2010, 11:50 PM
HellSpawn
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglybiker View Post
They've got lives too and sometimes life gets in the way of work. Maybe they had an emergency. A quick phone call or email should clear things up.
This.

Shit happens, and it rarely happens when it's convenient. I agree it sucks and I'd probably be pretty pissed to, but at the same time, what if they got robbed or had like a gas leak or something? They'd pretty much be forced to close doors. I'm sure they had a pretty good reason to close because I'm sure they like missing out on money and steering away potential customers about has much as they enjoy biting into a hot coal. It's odd they didn't have some sort of note on their door so customers at least knew they cared about the inconvenience, because I seriously doubt they closed early because they're lazy or they don't care. Call and ask about it, and call a head of time to check and see if they're open if it's a far drive, otherwise it's not that big of a deal.
Old August 17th, 2010, 12:31 AM
Tye Mi Chu
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeelzq View Post
Let fellow HP'ers i am venting a little here on the forums...

I ran out of shisha last night so i planned on taking a trip to "Texas Hookah" were i buy all my shisha and hookah stuff.

Well i got there at 5:30pm and it was CLOSED. ON A FREAKING MONDAY.....there store hours are till 8:00pm ,,, i couldnt make it earlier bc of work..

This is unacceptable to close doors during business hours. I definitely will not be buying from them anymore bc of this.

Any one else had this issue before w/them!!!!
Sorry to say dude but most shops have the right to close early on any day they want to I mean it is their store you can't exactly be mad my local smoke shop has a sign that says they reserve the right to close on Tuesdays and Fridays at any given time
Old August 17th, 2010, 12:45 AM
plec
Hookah Nut

happens alot when its hot out. thats why i have a couple places all in the same area.
Old August 17th, 2010, 03:15 AM
Mike
Hookah Enthusiast

Yeah, it'll be OK, buddy. Just take a deep breath and drop em an email. I'm sure there is a rational explanation.

Smoke On!!!

Old August 17th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Adeelzq
Hookah Newbie

Thanks guys for the support. I emailed them instantly and have not gotten a reply yet and also left a message on their answering machine.

It was an hour worth of drive to get to them and then i hit the traffic rush back home so it took me a good 90min back home. However nothing made me pissed more than the lack of shisha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well well well just got a reply from them through email stating that their A/C system was down so they had to close the store due to extreme heat,
well theyll be open till 7 today.

Last edited by Adeelzq; August 17th, 2010 at 01:28 PM.
Old August 17th, 2010, 01:12 PM
alanpeterson68
Hookah Aficionado

You probably should have called them before you took that trip down there. I'm sorry they were closed, I'm sure there was a reasonable explanation. I'm sure they will get back to you with an email or a call.
Old August 17th, 2010, 02:51 PM
PeterMon
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeelzq View Post
Thanks guys for the support. I emailed them instantly and have not gotten a reply yet and also left a message on their answering machine.

It was an hour worth of drive to get to them and then i hit the traffic rush back home so it took me a good 90min back home. However nothing made me pissed more than the lack of shisha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well well well just got a reply from them through email stating that their A/C system was down so they had to close the store due to extreme heat,
well theyll be open till 7 today.

damn this Texas HEAT!!! sorry to hear about your misfortunes though, you could of always tried a local shop that sells tobacco products, more expensive but in times of need money these places are open! good luck to you
Old August 17th, 2010, 02:54 PM
aquafiend12
Hookah Enthusiast

Sorry to hear that man but truthfully they are a great vendor and they are helping me out with an order i got the other day so they are great people. When you calm down i really hope you give them another chance.
Old August 17th, 2010, 03:10 PM
neotech
Hookah Newbie

If you are ever in a bind for shisha or any other hookah stuff. There are some places south of Houston where i live.
Challal's Cafe
Tobacco 4 U

Tobacco 4 U has Nahkla and AF and a few others. Challal's is all Al Ajamy. There are a few other shops in the area, but they aren't really worth a crap.
Old August 17th, 2010, 05:26 PM
spencer57pb
Hookah Pro

Thats brutal. When I was playing tournament paintball I ran into a situation like this as well. The closest paintball shop to my home is about an hour away, each way. Well I had gotten a new part for my gun to test out from a sponsor. It was a brand new style bolt they had designed for various guns, and needed their players to tell them what they thought about it compared to the stock bolt of their gun to see if they could sell this product effectively or if they needed to make some changes.

I received the part Friday morning...had until Sunday night to e-mail or call my sponsor rep and tell him what I thought of the product. I had to go and purchase 5 cases of paintballs (thats 10,000 paintballs for you that aren't familiar with the sport) and fill up all of my compressed air tanks to do the testing...drove an hour to the shop and they were closed (an hour before they should have been). I was beyond furious due to the fact I had to work all day Saturday and the shop is closed Sunday. I called the shop owner and asked him what was going on and he had to go to a doctors appointment in Chicago and had closed up 2 hours before I got there. I was in a frantic because I really didn't want to lose my sponsorship since they paid for my team to play in tournaments.

Well, to keep myself from rambling more, I ended up getting a hold of team mates and was able to do the testing and everything...all ended well...but the lesson I learned then was to make sure I called him every time I was planning on coming to the shop just so it wouldn't be a waste of my time or money.

I apologize for sort of thread-jacking...but my point is I know where you are coming from. Yes it sucks, but I think not doing business with that company any more is overreacting a little. They had a good reason to close early...and now you know to call and make sure they are open just in case.

Hope you get your hookah fix soon! haha.
Old August 17th, 2010, 06:54 PM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988

They're good people to order from, I don't use them too often but the one time I ordered from the them one of the flavors of Tangiers I had ordered was out of stock so he let me pick 2 other ones instead.
Old August 18th, 2010, 03:56 PM
ariberns
Hookah Master

makes me think of this thread

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showt...strated+pissed
Old August 18th, 2010, 05:50 PM
texashookah91
Hookah Nut

Bro it's ran by an older couple and their son, give them a break. they are still great vendors
Old August 18th, 2010, 06:02 PM
muck4doo
Hookah Nut

Ordered from them once. Good service. Good company from my experience.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook