Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Chinese Phunnel question..

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
Old July 5th, 2013, 10:58 PM
Hookah Newbie
Default Chinese Phunnel question..

I recently got a free phunnel bowl from South Smoke with my order. I was wanting some opinion on it. The spire seems fairly low to me, but quite frankly I'm a little new to phunnels. I'm aware that legit Tangiers bowls are way better but it's all that I have for now. I'm mainly smoking brands like SB, SS, and Fantasia, but I couldn't quite get the bowl to smoke well with AF. I was also hoping someone could shed light on packing techniques.

Here are some pics

Old July 6th, 2013, 01:10 AM
Hookah Nut
Default Re: Chinese Phunnel question..

Pack dense slightly below the rim. Chinese phunnels lose a bit of heat due to the hollowed inside so I would use at least three coals and maybe a windcover.
Old July 6th, 2013, 01:14 AM
Hookah Nut

You might also waste a lot of shisha with the Chinese idk though you will have to see. Before I switched to Tangiers Phunnels I was wasting tons of shisha with the Chinese phunnels.
Old July 6th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Hookah Pro

You basically got a free paperweight! If you don't have another bowl to use then you can make due, but make sure to pick up something else as soon as you can. You can get an clay Egyptian pretty cheap and it will work MUCH better than any ceramic bowl out there.

Based on the tobacco you are smoking I would sprinkle it in loosely just below the rim and use less holes in your foil. 3 Natural coals to start, you may have to rotate one on and off if it gets too hot.
The hookah itself must first become a thought. The thought of hookah must be allowed to become a living, breathing, growing entity. Then that entity can take a physical form which we as mere mortals will be able to gain an understanding of.
Old July 6th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Hookah Enthusiast

Back before I got a better phunnel (my crown micro), I used a Chinese phunnel it seemed to work a lot better then what people are say. I was mainly smoking AF and some Fumari out of it. I packed both semi-dense below the rim, enough to where the tobacco wouldn't touch the foil, and used 3 cocos or 2 cocos plus a windcover

Just keep trying and you will get it. Trail and error. But I do recommend investing in a better phunnel sooner or later.
Nawras Swirl/Crosshatch, AF Large Solid, Nour Syrian, Elmas 628, El Nefes Gazi, Tokel Canary, KM Halzone, Mya Bambino/Petite
2000 Honda Civic - JDM GSR - Daily Driver
^ Stolen
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook

chinese phunnel, phunnel, phunnel bowl, south smoke, tangiers