Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Vendors > Vendor Reviews

Vendor Reviews Post your reviews of your experience with hookah vendors ... NOTE: If you are a vendor and would like to be added to the review section, please notify one of the Mods or Administrators ...

Vendor Reviews

Reply Share
Old July 11th, 2015, 09:14 PM
Hookah Nut
Default Re: 5starhookah.com

Sadly, I'm done with 5star. This last order was the third consecutive attempt at placing an order that they had to call me and tell me that something they said they had in stock online was not actually in stock. Alex got rude with me and didn't seem to see a problem with falsely advertising products not actually carried in-store. I'm afraid that a certain Facebook community has given the brand a little too many passes instead of encouraging them to try harder to be #thebrandyoutrust.
Old August 20th, 2015, 07:34 AM
Hookah Nut

This must be the worst vendor I've ever had to deal with. They don't seem to have any respect for their customers at all. Short version: STAY AWAY FROM 5STARHOOKAH!

Long version...

In the past, I have made a couple of orders from them. Although I received the items in the end, they were always slow to ship and they didn't answer emails properly. A few weeks ago I wanted to make an order from them, and I noticed that they just made it more difficult for us international customers. Now I know they want to protect themselves from fraud, but even returning customers are treated badly.

Then I discovered that they had an Ebay shop and thought to myself that this would solve the trust issues as Ebay has great seller and buyer protection. So I set up my order and noticed that shipping price for my country wasn't listed for that particular item (a bowl, so nothing to cause problems with customs). I committed to buy anyway, and asked for a shipping quote so that I could make my payment. No answer.. Then I tried to email them, and after some time they (rudely) responded that they used an external shipper so I had to use the Ebay system. I said that I'd tried that, and offered to pay for the shipping separately if they'd rather ship it themselves. I also asked them to cancel the order if it wasn't possible to ship to my country.

I never got an answer and forgot about the whole thing. Then a few days ago I got a message that they filed an unpaid item case against me with Ebay. I contacted them again to try to resolve the issue. They claimed it was automatic, but they still wouldn't give me a shipping quote, remove the case, or cancel the order. I ended up getting the unpaid item on my customer record at Ebay.

LUCKILY, Ebay customer support read through my communication with 5starhookah and agreed that I had done everything right, so my record was cleared.

I'm never going to to order anything from them again. They have no respect for their customers, and they don't deserve my money. Stay away from these guys and rather go with one of the supporting vendors of this forum!
Old August 26th, 2015, 04:45 PM
One Small Voice
Sambooka Jr.

I've gotten exceptional service from 5Star in the past. However, the last time I ordered from them was very likely the last time I order from them. I had ordered some coals, and they sent CocoNaras instead of what I had ordered. When I let them know, I got a three-word email back from Mary: "Sorry about that."
Friggin JTI
Old October 7th, 2015, 09:08 AM
Hookah Nut
Send a message via Yahoo to JanosOrosz

I have placed 5 orders in 3 months with them for sale priced shisha (the Hookahfina special deal). The first two orders were great and no issues. But then on the 3rd order I received 2 tins out of 8 that were expired and really old. The shisha had no taste or smell and was dried out. All I got on my email was "We are sorry we will have to discuss this with our employees." Then on the next 2 orders the same thing happened with several tins.

Needless to say I called Hookahfina's US distributor and indicated to him of this practice.

So be warned that on most occasions you will be left to hang on order mixups. Also, if there is an Alex you are not allowed to talk to him, period. I tried several times on 3 different phone numbers. I was told flat out he has other things to do and does not handle anything at the warehouse and I can only talk to some guy named Gus or Dus who said he runs the operations.
Old February 23rd, 2016, 09:18 PM
Hookah Newbie

Have you guys managed to log into their zendesk? Password for their website doesn't fit and "forgot your password" for doesn't send me a new one.
Old May 17th, 2016, 01:10 AM
Hookah Newbie

Just did my first order with 5star and it was as good as you could hope for.

My order last Wednesday was for a Khalil Mamoon Mini Kamanja on sale for $78 marked down from $136, order process was smooth and i got 15% off with code, some stores don't credit items on sale with discount codes.

As far as shipping went, fantastic! I chose standard shipping for the cheapest option, the package shipped next day (Thursday) via Fedex and arrived here today on Monday im in CA too but north, i still thought i would be waiting longer so that was nice.

Box came perfectly fine not a dent (thank you Fedex) packaging was excellent good use of packing peanuts and generous bubble wrapping ensuring no damage to the base and bowl and everything came as advertised including freebies.

I'm very pleased i went with 5star, i got a great deal other places had less value for the same price or more, definitely would order again.
Old May 23rd, 2016, 07:19 PM
Hookah Newbie

Ordered a tri metal heart of the lion, came with no hose. Attempted numerous times to contact them with no replies. Also the shipping was slow as crap. Bad customer service. Stay away.
Old July 4th, 2017, 06:41 PM
Hookah Nut

Just placed my third order and i believe it is my last order. Everytime i order from them it seems to take atleast a week for it to be processed before shipping which takes another week...

I have had a few issues with the transactions going thru and every time i try to contact anyone at 5star it takes several days to hear anything back and the first email is usually very general and does not solve anything.
Old January 25th, 2018, 11:01 PM
Hookah Master
Send a message via Yahoo to carnalnclynatns

Ive had good experiences with 5 star in the past, but this recent order was disappointing.

On January 12 th My wife ordered some Nak two apple, SB Serpent and Zomo dark strong mint for my birthday.

She emailed on the 22nd, inquiring if the order had shipped ( since her card had been charged)

Maria promptly emailed back apologizing for the oversight and promising to update her “ immediately”.....

On the 24th, Maria still hadnt updated her ( immediately), so my wife reached out again. This time she was assured that the order would ship UPS next day and would include a gift of tobacco to make up for the oversights

I did indeed receive the package today, 13 days after ordering. The package did not include any additional tobacco.

My wife was livid.

She once again emailed, 5 star, Maria once again apologized and assured her that it was yet another oversight and that she was sending the promised gift in a separate package.

Ooof, not their finest hour.

Update, as of 1/31/18..... never did receive the tobacco promised to make up for the many “ oversights” regarding this last order. This will likely be my last order from 5 star. I could pay less and get the same crappy service from Hookahset.

Friggin Eric Hofmann

Last edited by carnalnclynatns; January 31st, 2018 at 05:22 PM.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook